Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Runners!

Last weekend Donnie and I headed down to Provo to meet my parents and Missy Moo. Donnie and Missy were getting ready to run the Utah Valley half marathon. We met them at the Macaroni Grill and had a delicious dinner. Donnie and I then went to the Provo Marriott and picked up his packet for the race. It was actually under my name but I wasn't prepared to run the race so Donnie ran it. We went back to the hotel and watched t.v. and relaxed. It was then time for bed and let me tell ya it was not easy to fall asleep. Melissa and I kept laughing and couldn't fall asleep. Missy and Donnie left the hotel about 3:30 Saturday morning. To early for me... haha. My parents and I woke up about 6 and got ready to leave to see them at about mile 9. Here is a picture from Donnie at about mile 9.



I didn't get a picture of Missy at that mile but I did get one of her at the end of the race when she was gulping down some chocolate milk. She would want me to tell you that she made this face on purpose :)



They both finished the race strong. Missy ran it in 2hr 33min and Donnie ran it in 1hr 53 min. I am so proud of them both. It makes me want to get out there and run a race. I just need to work on getting into good enough shape. I am so glad that I got to go down with my family it was so much fun. I will post a couple more pictures from that day.





We finished out the day by going and visiting Ashely in the hospital. She has been having issues with her blood pressure. So we stayed there for a couple hours. She was released from the hospital Sunday morning and then yesterday she was told that she would need to be induced and she should be having the baby sometime today!! I can't wait to meet my niece. I hope that everything goes well during the delivery and that my baby niece will be happy and healthy. She is going to be 5 weeks early. I am so excited for Ashley and Kyle and love them so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment